Indian-Spiced Cod and Garbanzo Bean Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- For the fish:
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cod filets or other flaky white fish
- For the salad:
- 1 large seedless cucumber
- 1 large carrot (about 1 lb)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1.5 cups quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, coriander, ginger, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Place the fish in a shallow dish and pour over the spice mixture and toss around gently to coat. Bake the fish for 15 minutes or until fish flakes when forked.
- Meanwhile, spiralize the cucumber (Blade C), carrot (Blade C) and onion (Blade A). Pat dry the cucumber noodles thoroughly. In a large bowl, combine the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and onion.
- In a screw-top jar or dressing shaker, combined the lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, cumin, curry powder, salt and pepper. Shake well.
- Pour the dressing over the bean mixture and toss gently to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve alongside fish.