Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 2” pieces
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, roughly chopped, seeds discarded
- 1 large red potato, Blade C
- ½ cup chicken broth, low sodium
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup small pimiento-stuffed olives (about 8)
- 1.5 tablespoons freshly minced parsley, to garnish
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. In a large Dutch oven or deep skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add in the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes or until lightly browned, turning occasionally to evenly cook.
- Add in the onion, pepper and paprika, cooking 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Then, add in the garlic, tomatoes, broth, red pepper flakes, thyme and season with salt. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, cooking covered for 5 minutes and then uncover, add in the potato noodles, toss to combine evenly and then cook another 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and potato noodles are cooked through.
- Stir in the olives, garnish with parsley and serve. I transferred mine to a cast-iron skillet for presentation, but you can divide immediately into plates or serve in the Dutch oven/pot.