Beet Noodle, Feta and Avocado Omelet
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small beet, peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed (only use about 1/4 cup of noodles – save the rest for future use)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 of the insides of an avocado, cubed
- freshly minced parsley, to garnish
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the beet noodles. Toss to coat in the oil and cover and cook 5-7 minutes or until beet noodles soften completely, uncovering occasionally to toss.
- For a scramble: Add the eggs and avocado into the pan with the beet noodles and scramble together. Once eggs are almost completely scrambled, add in the feta and finish scrambling. Serve.
- For an omelet: Set the beet noodles aside and place a medium saucepan over medium heat (or your preferred omelet pan) and coat with cooking spray. Add in the eggs and let set, pulling in the edges of the eggs with a spatula to let the egg disperse and cook almost fully. Once most of the eggs are set, season with salt and pepper and add in the beet noodles, corn and avocado. Fold the omelet in half and press down to compress with the back of a spatula. Let cook another 2 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Garnish with parsley and serve.