Butternut Squash Pasta with Spicy Garlicky Broccoli Rabe and White Beans
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more, if you like it really spicy)
- 1 pound broccoli rabe, stems removed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable broth, if vegetarian)
- 1 can white beans (cannellini, Great Northern), drained, rinsed, patted dry
- 1 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the butternut squash noodles on a baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 8-10 minutes or until al dente. When done, divide noodles into bowls and set aside.
- While the butternut squash is cooking, place a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the garlic, red pepper flakes and broccoli rabe. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes, tossing occasionally, or until broccoli rabe is wilted. You can do this in batches.
- Once the broccoli rabe is cooked, pour the chicken broth into the skillet and add the beans and oregano. Let cook for 5-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, stir in the parmesan cheese and toss to combine. Divide the broccoli rabe mixture equally over the bowls of butternut squash noodles. Serve immediately.