Grilled Tomatoes and Basil Zucchini Noodles with Balsamic Glaze
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into ½ inch slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium zucchinis, Blade A
- 1 large chiffonade of basil
- Place a medium saucepan over high heat and add in the vinegar. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook until reduced halfway.
- While balsamic is cooking, heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the tomatoes and zucchini with the olive oil and season both generously with salt and pepper.
- Once the grill is heated, add in the tomatoes. Let cook for 2 minutes, flip over and cook another 2 minutes or until heated through and grill marks appear. Set aside.
- Add the zucchini to the grill or grill pan and periodically use a the back of a spatula (if using a grill pan) to compress the noodles down to cook quickly. Cook for just 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. When done cooking, the zucchini will sweat out moisture, so lightly pat dry and lay out in a [insert measurements here] serving dish. Season the zucchini with extra pepper and toss with the basil.
- Top the zucchini with the tomatoes and drizzle the balsamic on top. Garnish with extra basil and serve.