- ¾-1 pound boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1.5 cups golden yellow cherry tomatoes
- 3 kohlrabis (or turnips)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley, to garnish
- For the Moroccan spice mix:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon honey
- salt, to taste
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the tops off the peppers, deseed them and slice them in half. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the bell peppers. Cook for 20 minutes and then, using tongs, flip over and cook another 20 minutes or until the peppers are evenly charred. Immediately transfer to a sealable glass container or paper bag and seal. Let sit for 5 minutes and then slice thinly.
- While the peppers cook, whisk together all of the ingredients for the spice mix in a small bowl. Place the chicken in a zip-seal plastic bag and shake to coat. Let marinade for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator. Once you flip the peppers after the first 20 minutes, add the marinated chicken and tomatoes to another baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Roast for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and is no longer pink inside. Remove from the oven and slice thinly, leaving the tomatoes on the baking tray.
- While chicken cooks, peel and spiralize the kohlrabi (or turnip) using Blade B, trim the noodles and set aside. Then, mince the garlic. Then, thinly slice the red onion.
- Once the chicken and peppers are finished, place a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil heats, add in the onions, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions begin to wilt. Add in the kohlrabi (or turnip) noodles and toss. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked to your preference, uncovering occasionally to toss. Add in the cooked tomatoes, along with any juices from the baking tray.
- When done, add in the roasted peppers and toss to combine and then remove from heat, sprinkle in the feta, toss to combine again and then divide into bowls and top with sliced chicken and garnish with parsley.