Spicy Asian Chicken Turnip Noodle Soup
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1 12 -ounce chicken breast (with bones), skin discarded
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 scallions
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 large turnips
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges for serving
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring the chicken, broth and two cups of water to a simmer.
- Lower the heat to low, cover and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 30 minutes. Remove the chicken and let cool.
- While the chicken is cooking, deseed and then thinly slice the red bell pepper and slice the scallions on an angle. Then, peel the turnips, spiralize them using Blade C and trim them for ease of serving. Set all aside.
- Then, shred the chicken and set aside, returning only the bones back into the simmering broth and raise the heat to bring to a boil. Then, let cook uncovered and reduce down by about one-third, about 10-15 minutes.
- Once reduced, strain the broth by scooping out the bones with a slotted spoon. Whisk the curry paste into the broth and return to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add the turnip noodles and bell pepper and cook until the noodles are just tender, about 3 minutes. Then, stir in the shredded chicken and scallions.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with cilantro leaves. Serve with the lime wedges.