Spiralized Paleo Eggs Benedict with Roasted Sweet Potato Noodles, Avocado and Chipotle Hollandaise
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato, Blade C, noodles trimmed
- olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, insides cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- For the sauce:
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 chipotle pepper + 1 teaspoon of adobo sauce (from canned chipotles in adobo sauce)
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the sweet potato noodles on a baking sheet, lightly coat with cooking spray and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over with the avocado cubes and then roast for 10-13 minutes or until the sweet potato noodles are cooked to your preference.
- Meanwhile, place the egg yolks, lemon juice, se salt, chipotle pepper and sauce in a blender and blend for about 10 seconds. Then, set the blender on medium and slowly pour in the coconut oil to thicken. Once thickened, set aside.
- After the hollandaise sauce is made, fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a steady simmer. Crack the eggs individually into a ramekin or small bowl. Then, create a gentle whirpool in the simmering water to help the egg white wrap around the yolk. Slowly tip the egg into the water. Let cook for three minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and gently rest on a paper towel lined plate.
- Once the sweet potato noodles and avocado are done, place like a “nest” on three plates. Top each with poached (or fried, if you don’t feel like poaching!) egg and drizzle with hollandaise sauce. Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.