- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 large turnips, peeled and spiralized using Blade C
- 16 ounces baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (28 ounce) can Tuttorosso® Crushed Tomatoes with basil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- Place the turnip noodles into a food processor and pulse until rice-like.
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add in the olive oil. Once oil heats, add in the onion, mushrooms, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for 5 minutes or until onions turn translucent and mushrooms begin to wilt.
- Add in the turnip rice and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and add in the tomatoes.
- Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until turnip rice softens and cooks to your preference. Once cooked, fold in the cheese and stir until fully combined.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.