Summer Zucchini Pasta Salad with Greek Yogurt-Herb Dressing
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 medium ears of yellow corn, husked
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, quartered and seeds squeezed out
- 1 14oz can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup small diced red onion
- 1 large basil chiffonade (a handful of ribbon-sliced basil)
- 2 medium zucchinis
- For the dressing:
- 1 clove of garlic, very finely minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Place the ear of corn in a pot and cover with water. Lightly salt the water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, let cook for about 2 more minutes or until corn is easily pierced with a fork. Drain into a colander and shave the kernels off the corn with a knife and set aside.
- Slice the zucchinis halfway lengthwise, careful not to pierce the center. Spiralize, using Blade B and place in a bowl with the tomatoes, corn, beans, onion and basil. Pour over the dressing and toss to thoroughly combine.